13 January, 2012

Sweet (Luminous) Clementine

When I saw this post on the blog Apartment Therapy showing how to make a candle with only clementines and olive oil I knew had to try it.  So Monday I grabbed a box of Cuties and remembered how much I LOVE clementines.  The box in question contained super-sweet bright orange orbs of deliciousness and I have been averaging about 5 a day.  My vitamin C quota has been met and I recovered some candles from the wreckage.  The candles work out really well and they even look pretty good without the tops so you could get 2 candles from one clementine.

Topless clementine candle. Oh my!

While taking pictures I wound up playing with the 'fireworks' mode on my camera. Moving the camera rather than the light source proved to be more difficult than expected but I managed.  I strung the pictures together and this is what I got. Just some silly fun for a silly girl.



Talk of clementines makes me want to watch Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  I think I'll have to dye my hair and light some clementine candles for a themed movie night.  If you haven't seen it, watch it.  If you have seen it, it's probably been a while and you should most certainly re-watch it.  Don't forget to note the brilliant use of Clementine's hair as an indicator for the timeline.  And if you're already a fan check out this Clementine paper doll print on Etsy. (The seller also has an Edie Beale doll, how incredibly cool.)

The Kate Winslet (Eternal Sunshine's Clementine Kruczynski) paper doll 18x12 inches print





No comments:

Post a Comment