22 July, 2011

A New Bag

Aaron and I are heading up to Seattle tomorrow to scope out the city and meet with a couple rental agencies. Mainly we're planning on checking out different neighborhoods to find a good fit. While doing laundry, packing, and planning I decided I needed a new purse. My trusty seatbelt purse has served me well but its short handles makes it tiresome to carry around on excursions. I wanted something I could sling over my shoulder or across my chest. So what does a lady with limited income do? She makes a new one of course! With some fabric I'd been neglecting to use I whipped up a new bag, large enough to hold the necessities (a book and a ball of yarn) and small enough to not be in the way. The design is simple, no pockets, just a bag with a lining. It took about an hour and a half to complete from concept to finish.


I was very happy with the result. This was the second bag I've ever made and it came a lot easier this time around. The strap is two separate pieces so it can be tied at different lengths. I really like that feature because it looks pretty cute when you tie it short. I may spruce it up a bit and quilt around a spattering of the leaves and flowers. I already have about half the colors in thread so I think it would be a nice embellishment. I'm also going to work on a tutorial for making a bag like this. Until next time folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment